Have you ever wondered what the City of McAllen Recycling Center does, if so, here’s your chance to learn some new things or to refresh yourself with some of the “Misconceptions of Recycling”
Join us, Wednesday, April 25 at 10:00 am at the Pecan Campus Library Rainbow Room, Mr. Marco Ortiz from McAllen’s Recycling Center will come speak to us about:
- Overview of what the facility does
- Items that we recycle and the ones we don’t
- The overall impact that not recycling can have on our environment
- Examples of things students can do to minimize impact on our environment
- How many recyclables come to our facility and why we need to increase the number
- Recycling, and its meaning, and common misconceptions.