South Texas College Library
We are currently updating the library website. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much for your patience.
The Mid-Valley Library at Building E is closed for renovations. Library Services are available at the Centers for Learning Excellence in Building A. For more information, visit the Library Services Renovation Projects page.
Discovery Search allows you to search our library catalog and most, but not all, databases with a single search.
- Scholarly and general interest journals in all fields. View tutorial.
- Articles, reports, and citations from the National Agricultural Library. View tutorial.
- Streaming video of business lectures by executive leaders, including business professor, CEOs, and entrepreneurs.
- In-depth coverage of complementary and alternative medicine. View tutorial.
- Online videos in history, literature, and science, with supplemental guides.
- Covers the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present. Includes hundreds of full-text journals and books, and selective indexing for journals dating back more than 60 years. View tutorial.
- Historical and personal documents of the colonization of the Americas from early contacts between European settlers and American Indians.
- Documents containing tales of frontier life, Pioneers, Wild West shows, the Gold Rush, vigilantes and outlaws.
- Latino-Hispanic history, literature, and culture published between 1610 and late 1900s. View tutorial.
- Documents covering the history of Latino-Hispanic civil rights, religion, and women’s rights. View tutorial.
- Literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, and biographical information.
- Over one million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences. View tutorial.
- Information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles. View tutorial.
- Bibliographic database covering all aspects of native North American culture, history, and life. View tutorial.
- Book reviews from multiple sources on a wide range of topics. View tutorial.
- Online version of Encyclopedia Britannica, which contains the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. View tutorial.
- Primary business magazines and academic journals. View tutorial.
- Magazines, newspapers, and journals related to all areas of business. View tutorial.
- Nursing, allied health, biomedicine, and consumer health literature. View tutorial.
- Drug information, such as dosage, contraindications, and adverse reactions. View tutorial.
- Information on the lives and writings of nearly 100,000 authors along with critiques of their works.
- Latest information and current trends in computer technology. View tutorial.
- Comprehensive coverage of current public policy issues, politics, and positions.
- Large collection of valuable reference resources in a wide range of topics. View tutorial.
- Contains information on the lives, works, and careers of the world’s most influential literary figures from all eras and genres.
- Scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages.
- Standard diagnostic tool for mental health professionals concerning psychiatric disorders.
- Full-text ebooks on a variety of subjects. View tutorial.
- Complete list of EBSCO databases. View tutorial.
- Thousands of full-text ebooks. View tutorial.
- Bibliographic records related to educational administration, including educational leadership, educational management and educational research. View tutorial.
- Large reference collection that includes ProQuest Learning: Literature and History Study Center. View tutorial.
- Collection of Spanish language full-text ebooks on a variety of subjects. View tutorial.
- Full-text journal articles on management and economics. View tutorial.
- Education-related literature from pre-K through adult education. View tutorial.
- Index for essays and works published in the United States, Great Britain, and Canada. View tutorial.
- A search interface for children. View tutorial.
- Bibliographic records related to family studies, including marriage, divorce and family therapy. View tutorial.
- Online videos in the humanities, social sciences, business, science, health & medicine, careers, and technical & trade education. View tutorial.
- Spanish language journals from respected publishers worldwide. View tutorial.
- Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas. View tutorial.
- Encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. View tutorial.
- Interactive, digital editions of great world literature. View tutorial.
- Journals covering various aspects of human impact on the environment. View tutorial.
- Citations for articles related to Hispanics/Latinos in the United States and Latin America. View tutorial.
- Articles on a wide variety of health-related issues.
- Consumer health magazines and reports. View tutorial.
- Health, nursing and allied health journals. View tutorial.
- Unique collection of research materials for tracing family history and American culture. View tutorial.
- History journals, documents, photographs, and videos. View tutorial.
- Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service from 1880-1930. View tutorial.
- Instructions and creative ideas for popular hobbies, crafts and recreation activities. View tutorial.
- Detailed, user-friendly instructions and videos for home improvement and repair projects. View tutorial.
- Many of the most important academic journals in the humanities. View tutorial.
- Abstracts for journals and books related to libraries and information management. View tutorial.
- Authoritative factual analysis of opposing points of view.
- Easy-to-use online application for a successful job search. View tutorial.
- Science education videos that teach laboratory fundamentals.
- Complete back issues of core scholarly journals in all disciplines. View tutorial.
- Courses in computer skills and test preparation for GED, citizenship, and career exams.
- Contains material from nearly 250 of the world’s most respected scholarly law journals. View tutorial.
- Provides a selection of legal forms across the most popular legal areas, such as real estate contracts, wills, bankruptcy, and divorce.
- Offers tools and detailed how-to instructions covering a wide range of legal issues. View tutorial.
- Provides government, news, business, and legal publications. View tutorial.
- Journals covering librarianship and information management. View tutorial.
- Biographies, classic texts, and literary criticisms on thousands of authors and their works. View tutorial.
- Reviews, criticism, and commentary on contemporary authors and children’s authors. View tutorial.
- Information on both classical and contemporary authors and their works. View tutorial.
- Popular general interest and current events publications. View tutorial.
- Multidisciplinary database covering virtually every subject area of general interest. View tutorial.
- Spanish language collection of medical research and investigative journals. View tutorial.
- Abstracts for a wide range of medical journals. View tutorial.
- Nearly 140 popular magazines for middle and junior high school research. View tutorial.
- News and articles on all branches of the military and government. View tutorial.
- Information on medical conditions and conventional, natural, and alternative treatments.
- An online classical music library.
- Search news from local, regional, and national sources by location or topic.
- Regional, national, and international newspapers and television and radio news transcripts. View tutorial.
- Electronic books in various disciplines. View tutorial.
- Index of over 30,000 plays. View tutorial.
- Overviews, points, counterpoints, and guides to critical analysis of controversial topics. View tutorial.
- Popular magazines for elementary school research. View tutorial.
- Journals in social science and humanities related to Hispanic and Latin America.
- Highly specialized education journals for professional educators. View tutorial.
- Online course to prepare for U.S. citizenship. Includes civics, reading, and writing portions of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Naturalization Test.
- Ebook collections in literature, U.S. regional studies, and global cultural studies. View tutorial.
- Tool for learning to speak, read, and write 80 languages. Includes live tutors, feature films, music with lyrics, pronunciation analysis, and quizzes.
- Original literature works, author biographies, and literary criticisms. View tutorial.
- Journals and resources related to various nursing and allied health fields. View tutorial.
- Journals containing information on psychology and related disciplines. View tutorial.
- Content that focuses on the relationship between races, including ethnic studies, discrimination and immigration studies. View tutorial.
- Texas statistics for a wide range of topics.
- Online edition of Resources for College Libraries for collection development.
- Regional business publications from all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States. View tutorial.
- Extensive coverage of world religions, philosophy, and related fields. View tutorial.
- Extensive collection of digital books on programming, IT networking, project management, personal certifications, home computing and more. View tutorial.
- Reportes completos basados en evidencias y fichas de datos relacionados a todos los aspectos de la salud y el bienestar.
- Journals covering relevant aspects of the scientific and technical community. View tutorial.
- Vast collection of journals and ebooks in the sciences and humanities. View tutorial.
- Contains science magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, and audio files.
- Contains specialized scholarly research and technical literature, including the Natural Science Collection and the Technology Collection. View tutorial.
- Essays on more than 2,000 authors and literary genres, drawn from the acclaimed Scribner print series.
- Bibliographic information and current pricing structures for popular serials. View tutorial.
- Index of the important collections and anthologies of short stories that are published each year. View tutorial.
- Wide variety of information in small business and entrepreneurial subject areas. View tutorial.
- Detailed repair guides for small engines, including motorcycle and personal water craft repair. View tutorial.
- A database of statistical information including statistics, forecasts, studies, reports, and infographics from approximately 18,000 sources. View tutorial.
- Indexing and abstracts for journals and magazines to assist professional educators. View tutorial.
- Includes thousands of resources about fiction and nonfiction books used in the K–12 environment.
- Journals, reference books, and reports relevant to the state of Texas. View tutorial.
- Digitized maps of Texas towns and cities throughout the past one hundred years. View tutorial.
- Latest scientific discoveries and the fundamental concepts that underlie them.
- Diverse articles involving popular topics in contemporary society. View tutorial.
- Contains information on World, US, and English authors, drawn from the Twayne Literary Masters books.
- Poetry from renowned American and English authors published since 1900.
- Collection of trade and industry-related periodicals. View tutorial.
- Essential news facts as reported in major newspapers and magazines from around the world.
- Find which items are owned in thousands of libraries worldwide.
Search Separately From Discovery Search